Walk-in showers are some of the most popular options because of their luxurious and spacious designs. They have beautiful and subtle floor tiles and shower walls, enhancing the overall appearance of your bathroom—but what happens if you also want a bathtub in your bathroom?
Bathtubs inside showers are not that uncommon, and they can provide a unique feel for your bathroom. In fact, one of the most popular options for this type of combination is a walk-in shower with a tub inside.
What Is a Walk-In Shower and Why Should You Put a Tub Inside One?
A walk-in shower doesn’t require glass doors, curtains, glass walls or any other structure to prevent the water from flooding your floors. They can, however, have enclosed spaces, but it is not necessary. These showers can have panes of glass or half walls, but can also work perfectly without surrounding barriers or shower doors.
These modern showers are gaining popularity because of their unique features and looks, unmatched by any other shower model. However, they require more space than traditional enclosed showers or shower tub combos.
You might be wondering why you should opt for a walk-in shower and bathtub combination. The answer to that question depends on your preference and taste. This combination can create a unique and luxurious experience that will enhance the style of your bathroom. Furthermore, it can provide additional benefits.
These are some of the benefits of having a walk-in shower and bathtub combo:
- Walk-in showers with bathtubs inside are excellent options if you have pets or kids. This combination allows you to bathe or shower them without flooding your bathroom floors.
- It provides a relaxation space that is just for you. When you have one of these combinations, you can choose what experience you’d like to have, whether it is a shower or a relaxing bath.
- A bathtub inside a shower makes it easier to clean up compared to just a bathtub or a walk-in shower. Because these combinations require sealed spaces, water can’t reach and damage your bathroom finishings.
- There’s no more versatile option available than a walk-in shower with a bathtub. It is even more versatile than a shower tub combo because of the space it provides, allowing you to add accessories and other elements to your shower.
Overall, choosing to have a walk-in shower with a tub inside will ultimately be a decision based on your preferences. It is an affordable option and will require more free space than traditional showers or bathtubs. However, the benefits can be worth the investment.
Types of Bathtubs You Can Add to Your Shower
There are two types of bathtubs you can choose to add to your walk-in shower. Each of these options provides unique benefits and advantages, and your decision will depend on your budget and taste.
Here are the two types of bathtubs you can add to your master bathroom’s walk-in shower:
Built-In Tub Inside a Shower
A built-in bathtub is one that is not finished on all four sides. It usually has two or three unfinished sides, which are then attached to a corner or part of the wall. Its design means you can only see the finished sides of the bathtub. This tub adapts to the space available, making it a better option for small spaces. One of the benefits of this type of tub is that it is one of the easiest options to install, especially inside a walk-in shower. It is also a more affordable choice compared to installing freestanding tubs.
Freestanding Tub Inside a Shower
Freestanding bathtubs are more expensive because they require a different type of installation and finishing. Unlike built-in models, this type of bathtub has been finished on each side, giving you a unique feel and look. This tub will also cost more and can even be twice as much as you would pay for a built-in model.
These tubs are usually placed away from corners or walls, meaning you’ll need more space to work with. Another benefit of this type of bathtub is that there are a lot more options to choose from. You have claw-foot tubs, egg-shaped models, soaking tubs, and so much more.
Here are some of the most popular freestanding bathtub options:
- The claw-foot: The claw-foot bathtub is one of the most traditional models and has been available for over 200 years. It gets its name because of its feet, which are very similar to claws. This type of tub is an excellent option for walk-in showers, and it will give your bathroom a more rustic look.
- The Pedestal: Pedestal or skirted bathtubs rest on a plinth rather than feet. They have a more traditional look, which is the reason they are losing popularity. However, this type of tub is extremely safe and cheaper than claw-foot models.
- The Japanese: The Japanese bathtub is similar to a pedestal model, but a lot smaller. It rests on a split and tends to be deeper than it is wider. It is very popular because it can be installed in almost any space.
Benefits of Choosing Bath Planet by Clear Choice USA of SWFL
At Bath Planet by Clear Choice USA of SWFL, we are committed to providing affordable solutions for your bathroom design needs. These are some of the benefits of choosing us for your bathroom remodel project:
- We offer a free price estimate for your bathroom remodels. Therefore, you can prepare a proper budget before committing to a complete remodel.
- Our team is trained to be efficient with both time and money. So, we can ensure a quality result within a day, depending on the size of the project.
- All the products we used are tested to be durable and stylish, reducing the need for renewals or replacements along the way.
- Our products and bathrooms are ADA-approved, providing accessibility features without compromising the bathroom’s overall appearance.
Add a Bathtub to Your Walk-In Shower with Bath Planet by Clear Choice USA of SWFL
If you are looking to add a bathtub to your walk-in shower, look no further than Bath Planet by Clear Choice USA of SWFL. We have a wide selection of bathtub models, shower enclosures, glass shower walls, and accessories to turn your bathroom into your dream space.
Look through our website or contact us at 239-337-2287 for more information about our product catalog and shower renovation services. Contractor License: CBC1257807.